Sunday, May 29, 2011

Couch-to-5k update!

Week 2 is complete and we are now moving on to week 3. I thought I wasn't going to be able to do week 2 but you know what I did it! It rocked my world. So as we enter week 3 I have to tell myself I'll be able to do this also! This week we will start off as we always do with our brisk five-minute warm up walk,then do two repetitions of the following:
  • Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
We do that for 20 minutes. I really want to say that I am going to fail and not be able to do this. But I believe in myself and think I can push myself to do so! I am getting very excited bout this. I can't wait to complete this training so we can run in our first 5k. I am even more excited bout being able to run with my hubby once he is back! =)
I am still going to the gym 6 days a week. Tomorrow we finally get to meet with our trainer to get going on our weights. We get to learn how to do it and do it right without hurting ourselves. I can't wait.
I can't wait to see the results at the end of my weight loss journey! I know there are going to be bumps in the road and that its a long process. The long process is the part I need to remind myself of. I need to do that because I hate that I can't wake up 20 lbs lighter in 2 weeks. But I know I will get there! So with saying that I guess my first goal would be losing 20lbs. Now I just need to put a deadline on it. Is that something you should do or do I just celebrate once I have lost the 20lbs no matter when it happens?

2 comments:

  1. Don't put a deadline on it, because anything can come ur way in life and some things may stop you from doing as well as you should, and when that deadline comes and your not to your goal, it just makes things worse. I say work hard and celebrate those 20 lbs when you get them off!

    ReplyDelete