Sunday, January 9, 2011

A lot on my mind

So last night we went up to visit our friends the Hacketts (Dereck, Steph, Blake, and Brett) they live up in the greeley/loveland area here in Colorado. They were the first people we met when the husband joined his unit after his training. Dereck got out of the Army after their deployment from 2007-2008 in fact he was suppose to get out before they got deployed but got stopped-loss and had to go.
Anyways back on track here the topic of my husband getting out of the Army came up. I am not sure how I really feel bout this all. There is so much to think bout. I know we have at least 2 year left on this current contract but it just has been on my mind ever since. So here I go....
Maybe I am being selfish here by wanting him to stay in....reasons I guess would be; he will never lose his job which means there will always be a paycheck coming in. I don't have job nor have I really worked since 2007 I mean I had a job here in 2010 for a bout month but still. I have some college education but have stopped attending because I dont know what I want to be when I grow up and instead of racking up student loans I decide to just stop still I know for sure there is something I want to do forever! We have health ins covered by the army and dont have to worry bout that.He will have 7 years in at the end of this contract and I think you already have that many in just finish out your 20 years and get retirment from them.(But thats easy for me to say) I do enjoy this military life-style and think it will be hard to go back to so called "civilian" life. but then again maybe it wont.
Resons for getting out would be he would never have to deploy to a WAR zone again. I will admit that Deployments SUCK if there is anything good out of them its the MONEY (yep sounds greedy I know) and also the strenght it gives our relationships (however this is not always the case for couples) When we do have kids they will always have their daddy home and not away for a year at time in a WAR zone. We can live in place that we want to and have our own HOME!
I also think bout how we want to stay in Colorado and him getting out we would be able to do that but it also causes some worry for the fact we have no one here if we can't make it. Both of our families live in Iowa even though I know they would do anything they could to help us out.
I know we dont have to decide right now and thank god for that. It's just a big decision and kind of a scary one too. I know no matter what I will always support my husband in what ever decision he/we decides. ( He changes his mind like everyday one day he wants to reenlist again the next he wants to get out)

I know that no matter what happens its how our life is suppose to be and I'll keep faith in that. I am a very strong believer in that "Everything happens for a reason." even if that reason at the time doesnt seem like the right one in the end it is and is suppose to be that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment