Monday, July 4, 2011

A crazy night but one that went into the memory book!

I know I haven't posted in awhile so I'll give you a quick update.
My mom and Dad made the 12-13 hour trip out here on the 29th of June and left bright and early this morning. It was very nice to have them out here. I really enjoyed the company!

Working out is still going great! We are running 3 miles now. It feels amazing to do so. I cant wait to see how I will look after this year deployment is over.

Now to get the point of this post.

Yesterday, we celebrated the 4th even though it was only the 3rd. Fort Carson does their fireworks on the 3rd. Anyways, we had a little cook out and then headed over to Fort Carson where they had all the stuff setup. It had started to rain on our way to post. So we found a parking spot to park. We just sat in the car until the rain stopped. We enjoyed people watching. After the rain let up we headed over to the park to the little festival they had setup. As we were walking around I ended up slipping in the mud and falling down. I was good at protecting my face from getting muddy though. Thank go for that. This was so embarrassing but all I could do was laugh. I mean what else could I have done. I should of pulled my two friends down with me since they thought it was the funniest thing in the world and snapping pictures. But,  I can't blame them I would of done the same thing. I suppose I'll share these pictures with you. It still cracks me up just thinking bout it. You can go ahead and laugh I don't mind.

I thought that was going to be the worse of the night. Boy was I wrong. We go to leave after the fireworks  and my car wont start. So I see the fire station is just right up the street. We start walking that way and we saw one of them pulled up so then we start running. At least I started running. I start saying excuse me and he isn't hearing me so finally I just yell "Hey Mr. Fireman." He finally turned around. =) He was so nice and agreed to help me. (probably because I looked like one hott mess.) He was nice I wished I would of had some cash on me to tip him for his help. Plus I love firefighters! So I enjoyed it a little  (shhh... don't tell my husband lol kidding he knows.)

Anyways, thankfully I have some great friends who helped make this night a great one. I am so glad I have people who can help me take a crappy situation into something we will be laughing at for years to come. Thanks chicky for making this something to laugh bout! I love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment